Saturday, March 20, 2010

There are good and honest people in this world!

I just received a phone call from my daughter, well I thought it was my daughter since it was her number that showed up on my phone. But when I answered, it was a young girl that said she had just found this phone in the ladies room at her condo. After a muffled consversation (you know how hard it is to get a good connection in those big condos) I realized that she was at the same condo that my daughter is staying at with all her girlfriends in Orange Beach. While I am talking to her my son is calling on the other line because she had called him as well.

Can you believe that this young girl found a high dollar iphone while on vacation and was kind enough to #1 not steal it,#2 make the effort to make several calls to figure out who owned the phone and #3 stay in the lobby until my daughter got there to retrieve it from her. Needless to say my daughter was ecstatic with relief because it would have spelled big trouble for her if she had not gotten her phone back. Big, huge, gigantic trouble would have come her way!

I never did get this sweet young ladies name but in my eyes right now she is a kind and considerate person in a world that I at times think is evil and corrupt. A true angel on this earth. Yes, my faith in honesty and integrity is restored thanks to one act of kindness.

Have you ever found something expensive like that and made such an effort to return it? Would you do the same as this young teenager did? Hmmmmmmm?

Make an effort to do good things everyday and pay it forward because one act of kindness can really make a difference. And to this beautiful young girl I send my most sincere thanks for not just doing what is right but for showing us all that good does prevail in a world where what we mostly hear about are bad stories.

Go do something good and share it with others. You will make their day and hopefully inspire them to do something good too! Maybe if we all pay it forward more often we would hear more about great acts such as this.

Happy Living, Loving and Laughing,
Angie Lu

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful experience!!!! We just don't hear about good deeds as much as the bad. But, I'm convinced there are gazillion bazillion good ones done daily!!!

    ReplyDelete