Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Bulgarian and The Southern Belle

Wow, I cannot believe that the "BIG" wedding day for one of my best friends is finally almost here. After almost 3 years of planning this fabulous event it is about here. As I have stated before this will be my 8th time to have the honor of being a bridesmaid and this Saturday, in Austin, TX, I will walk down the isle representing my favorite Bulgarian. Yes, Maria is originally from Bulgaria and I remember dearly the first time I ever laid eyes on her. My father has a local printing company, Budget Printing in Acme Plaza, and we hired Maria as a graphic designer intern while she was at MCC. From the moment I met Maria we became fast friends and I was amazed at how organized and enthusiastic she was. After having many people apply for the job it was no doubt that she was the one! And we fast became the Bulgarian and the Southern Belle to everyone. The modern day odd couple and I quickly began to learn from her fantastic work ethic, dedication, and unique way of thinking plus I was happy to share my southern belle knowledge with her.

She only worked with us for a year before heading off to finish her degree at Southern in Hattiesburg and now I am proud to say that she has her own design firm in Austin, TX. Very accomplished for such a young woman. Pride is an understatement of what I feel when I speak of her. I feel like she is my little sister and I am blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of her wedding this weekend. With many events planned for the weekend, it is sure to be the event of the year for me and my family.

Early Friday morning we will fly out to Austin and begin the festivities. I found a gorgeous rehearsal dinner dress today and of course the beautiful "strawberry preserves" designer gown that I will wear for the wedding at the Austin Museum of Art overlooking the beautiful hills and elaborate homes that fleck the landscape. We will be staying at the historic Driskel Hotel in downtown Austin and I cannot wait to take this wedding road trip to experience new things with all of the bridal party. (Be sure to check out the 393 Road Trip article that I wrote for our bridesmaid bachelorette get-a-way to New Orleans in the April/May issue of 393 Magazine.)

A friendship fairytale is coming true as she begins the step of marriage and I will be there with her to share this new beginning. Always be open to the new person that God will on a whim place into your life because you are sure to find a new friend that will positively change your life forever. The new chapter of the Bulgarian and the Southern Belle is about to begin and I cannot wait. Thanks Maria, I love you!

Happy Living, Loving and Laughing,
Angie Lu
The Southern Belle

2 comments:

  1. It was a great wedding in a fabulous city and I am available as a bridesmaid if anyone needs me. Will gladly be a bridesmaid again for the 9th time! FAB FUN and FAB MEMORIES!

    ReplyDelete