Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Romace lives but the flowers died . . .

Here it is Valentine's Day 2010 and I am writing my first blog for Bandaids, Bridges & the Bridesmaid. A perfect day to get this blog party started.

Yes, the romance in my 21.5 year marriage is alive and well because I have the most romantic man on the planet. It is true that the way to a person's heart is through her stomach because I just lost my heart over a delicious home cooked meal of bacon wrapped filets, new potatoes and spinach salad (and don't forget the appetizer - a BLT dip to die for). For desert we had hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries and red velvet cup cakes. After we ate he gave me a lovely card with all the perfect words and of course you must get flowers on Valentine's Day - Well I am not sure what kind they are but they sure look droopy and sad. He kept apologizing for the pitiful little white and pink long stem bell like blooms that looked as if they had been out in the snow from Friday. Weird since he had just bought them a little earlier and they were fresh and pretty. So let's count this up . . .
1. Steak dinner - delish
2. Strawberries - even more delish
3. Card - made me cry
4. Droopy Sad Flowers - I just realized he had in the vase without any water - PRICELESS!

Moral to this Valentine's day story is this - You can keep the romance alive even after many years of marriage with a delicious meal, fabulous desert, card and flowers. But no matter what you do - the flowers always need water to look pretty and live! And hey one thing is for sure - that's a funny Valentine moment I will never forget as I throw my poor, sad and thirsty flowers in the garbage can (I did press one inside the card to keep)! *Remind me to share the story with you about the Valentine's Day he sent me real rose bushes to plant myself.

Happy Living, Loving, and Laughing,
Angie Lu

5 comments:

  1. Too funny! But hey - at least you got some kind of flowers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - so true! I forgot to mention the cute hear shaped ivy with baby roses and babies breath he got from Becky Stubbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm so excited to start reading your blog! You are so funny and such a great writer so this will be sooo good and entertaining. :) and, it's so funny that you say your motto is "Live, Love & Laugh". I think you'll find it ironic to read the tag line under my blog title - www.iblogmoore.blogspot.com love ya! ~cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Becky at her store Saturday and they looked like they were busy bees! Did you take a picture of the "dead flowers"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angie-
    I am so glad to see you have joined the blog world. It is so much fun to blog but I am several days behind http://terri-timelessmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete